Easy Leftover Chilli Beef Bake
Every time I make Chilli Beef I always end up with a bowl of it leftover in the fridge for days… Not this time!
This is definitely the tastiest leftover recipe I have ever made. I like to add some jarred Jalapenos to the cheese sauce for some extra flavour, but you don’t have to. I also add some Kale to add some extra nutrients but this is also optional.
Please see The best 20 min Healthy Chilli Beef Recipe for the chilli that works best with this recipe. You, of course, can use any chilli beef.
I hope you enjoy.
Serves 3-4 for lunch
1 bowl of Chilli Beef (The best 20 min Healthy Chilli Beef Recipe) – the amount really doesn’t matter.
250g pasta – cooked and drained
2 tsp. Cornflour/cornstarch
350ml (approx. 1.5 cups) milk
1 tbsp. butter
170g (approx. 1.5 cups) sharp grated cheese, extra mature cheddar works best
1 large pinch salt and pepper
1 pinch Paprika
2 tbsp. Jalapenos (jarred or tinned)
2 large handfuls of Kale
- Pre-heat oven to 220C.
- Spread the chilli beef over the bottom of a Casserole dish.
- If using Kale, lay it over the beef now.
- Place the cooked pasta in the casserole dish next.
- To prepare the cheese sauce put the Cornflour
in a small bowl.
- Mix 2 tbsp milk with the cornflour to make a smooth paste.
- Add the butter, 3/4s of the grated cheese, salt, pepper, and Paprika
to the sauce mix and mix together thoroughly, making sure there are no lumps forming on the bottom.
- Microwave the sauce for 2 minutes then, stir well.
- Put back in the microwave, stirring every minute until thickened. I find the total time always varies, so it is better to go for 1 minute at a time and don’t forget to mix very well every time.
- You can add the jalapenos to the cheese sauce if you wish to now, I love that extra yum yum.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is turning golden on top.
- Spoon out and enjoy!